Three staff members from the Institute of Nuclear Science & Technology attended a three days pedagogy training at the Central Catering Unit (CCU) between 19th to 21st June 2017 which was conducted by staff from the Centre for Pedagogy and Andragogy (CEPA).
The purpose of the training was to provide knowledge and skills in pedagogy and thus contribute to professional development of academic staff in the University of Nairobi.
The topics covered included:
- Introduction to Pedagogy
- Instruction as a communication
- Use of media and learning resources in teaching
- Motivation and individual differences of university learners
- Theories of learning
- Nurturing critical and creative thinking through pedagogy
- Strategies for Teaching in Higher Education
- Preparations for teaching science based subjects in Higher Education
- Approaches and strategies of teaching science based subjects in Higher Education
- Methods and techniques of teaching science based subjects in Higher Education
- Effective lecturing in higher education
- Management of teaching and learning environment
- Assessment and evaluation of learning outcomes: setting exam papers